Registration of Corporate Bodies
Registration of Corporate Bodies – Land Registry Practice – Legal Office Notice 1 of 2017
1. As part of the PRA anti-fraud strategy the following practice is to be adopted in relation to the registration of corporate bodies as owners of a folio [either on foot of a dealing on registered land or on a first registration].
2. All registrations of corporate bodies as owners of folios shall include a reference to its registration as a corporate body e.g.
3. In relation to an Irish Company registered in the Companies Registration Office add the following as part of the description in the ownership entry “C.R.O. reference number “.
4. In relation to an Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicle [I.C.A.V’s see Legal Office Notice 2 of 2015] registered in the Central Bank add the following as part of the description in the ownership entry “Central Bank reference number C “.
5. In relation to Industrial and Provident Societies or Friendly Societies [see also C.R.O website] add the following as part of the description in the ownership entry “Industrial or Provident Society reference number “or “Friendly Society reference number F“respectively.
6. In relation to foreign corporate bodies add the following ownership note “Note: Registered in (insert country) reference number (i.e. relevant official reference)“.
14th June 2017