Transfer of Ordnance Survey Ireland, Valuation Office, Valuation Tribunal and the Property Registration Authority to Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government effective January 2018.
As part of the proposed merger of the Property Registration Authority, the Valuation Office and Valuation Tribunal and Ordnance Survey Ireland into Tailte Éireann the Government agreed that the functions vested in the Minister for Justice and Equality should transfer to the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government effective January 2018.
ORDNANCE SURVEY IRELAND (TRANSFER OF DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND MINISTERIAL FUNCTIONS) ORDER 2017
VALUATION OFFICE AND VALUATION TRIBUNAL (TRANSFER OF DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND MINISTERIAL FUNCTIONS) ORDER 2017
PROPERTY REGISTRATION AUTHORITY (TRANSFER OF DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND MINISTERIAL FUNCTIONS) ORDER 2017
As part of the preparations for the merger of the three organisations, a new corporate logo and strapline has been designed for Tailte Éireann, incorporating a number of design features:
- The logo is a new design and unique to our organisation
- The logo acknowledges and incorporates the distinct origins and shared future of the organisation
- The centre-point of the logo represents an identifiable “T” shape to reinforce the word Tailte
- The shapes and patterns in the logo represent a mix of urban and rural landscapes, elements and features, all of which are central to the work of Tailte Éireann
- Gridlines are used as a backdrop to represent the precision or accuracy of the work of our organisation
- Tailte is represented in bold text to potentially enable us to use it as an abbreviated working title, if desired in the future
- The strapline is succinct and provides strong emphasis on the organisation’s purpose. The words are ordered in alphabetical sequence in their Irish language format.
Our new corporate logo is, of course, just the beginning in building an identity for Tailte Éireann. We will continue to work with our customers and other stakeholders to develop a “brand” for our new organisation.
Date: 6th January 2021
Following a Government decision, the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage has now published the Tailte Éireann Bill 2020 – General Scheme on the Department’s website. The Tailte Éireann Bill 2020 – General Scheme is available at the link below: